A social entrepreneur is defined as a person who establishes an enterprise with the aim of solving social problems or affecting social change. In the face of coronavirus, among many other global challenges, social entrepreneurs are needed now more than ever to address societal issues.
You can submit your idea proposed or program that already run in the context of social entrepreneurship.
- Entry Deadline for application is on Friday the 2nd of April 2021.
- Selected finalists will be announced on Friday the 9th of April 2021.
- The virtual pitching competition is on Monday the 12th of April 2021 at 10:00 AM UTC+7 time.
METHOD OF SUBMISSION [SUBMISSIONS ARE FREE]:
(1) Register via the ‘SUBMIT YOUR IDEA/PROGRAM HERE button, and submit your link of 3-minutes video. You can upload to TikTok or Youtube or other media to tell us why you ‘care’ and use hashtag #ResearchSynergy #UCBEducation #Prokompas and #SECHALLENGE2021
2) Submit your POSTER to illustrate and present your idea/concept/program for creating social impact – Consist of idea/program in PDF file. Consist of: Idea Background – WHY; Idea Description – WHAT; Solution – HOW TO DO IT & WHEN (planning / already executed), Expected contribution/ impact to society – WHO are the beneficiaries.
WHAT IS IN THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM?:
Entrants must submit a description of their concept/idea (250 words max), a POSTER, and link of 3-minutes VIDEO.
There will be a Grand Prize Winner, First Runner-Up, Second Runner-Up and People’s Choice Award Winner.
AGE GROUP & COUNTRY:
17 to 25-year-old students from Indonesia, Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam Australia, Spain, Poland, and UAE (outside the 14 countries, can contact the committee first). Selected finalists can pitch their solutions to social, environmental, cultural, and economic problems.
Creativity (45%), Storytelling (10%), Innovation (40%), Special Category: Refer to one Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) in your concept (5%).
- USD 500,
- 3-weeks intensive e-course on social entrepreneurship and access to impact investors,
- A voucher to participate in the international conference.
- You will also receive a full day (free) eco-cycling tour in Bali by UCB (drop-off, pick up, lunch included and free tea and coffee samples).
Selected finalists will have the opportunity to learn more about social entrepreneurship, and be equipped with investment readiness support and tailored 3-weeks e-mentorship to help them scale their solutions.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS: We will be casting your TikTok videos publicly on our website and social media channels to allow everyone to take part in voting for their favourite social solution. Each student who creates a short TikTok video telling us why you care will receive (1) Voucher for attending the Virtual International Conference by RSF, and (2) Voucher of AUD $15 towards an eco-cycling tour in Bali by UCB.